Hindi Manch Sa Re Ga Ma Pa” one of the most prestigious events of New England is back this Fall.
Hindi Manch, since its inception have been successfully working to pass on the heritage of Hindi and related languages to the next generation through Literary sittings, theatre, cultural events, strongest and one of the most effective mediums ‘Music’ . “Hindi Manch SaReGaMaPa” was the flagship event and was first held in 2010, the ambitious initiative from then a not very big but enthusiastic group has taken the entire South Asian community of Boston suburban area with a surprise, the event was a huge success. Hindi Manch not only continued the legacy of it’s prominent event but also with each year passing by, it took the event to superior level. The honesty, dedication and selfless efforts from its volunteers has made the event so popular that every time it was “completely sold out” since its inception.
“Hindi Manch SaReGaMaPa” has given amazing singers to the community. Who knew there are such talented singers hidden among Techies, Students, Housewives, Restaurant owners/Crew, Teachers/Professors etc? Someone was accidently heard by volunteers in a restaurant and encouraged to attend auditions, and someone’s wife who knew about husband’s hidden talent reached out to the team to secure a place for the audition, there have been many such interesting stories behind each one of them because they were not Singers by Profession but Passion and Hindi Manch provided them a platform to showcase and share their passion for Hindi Music.
To Sign up for auditions please select options below.
Our aim is to promote and motivate local singers through this event that is
why we are keeping the rules very simple, and will put in our best efforts to make all participants comfortable.
1. Auditions will be held in Chelmsford (Oct 7th), Framingham (Oct 8th), and Waltham (Oct 14th) and you can participate at only one of these venues. We will try our best to give you an audi tion venue of your choice, but if you submit your entry late then you may have to go for your second choice.
2. There will be 5 categories of participants: (There will not be different categories for male and female entries.) Ages 6-12 | Ages 13-20 | Ages 21-50 | and above 50 year | Duets (Ek Mai Aur Ek Tu)
3. Entry fee for audition is $20. Your entry fee include s free entry to the finale event.
4. You will be given 5 minutes for audition. You will have to sing one or two songs from any bollywood hindi movie during these 5 mi nutes. It is up to you if you want to use 5 minutes for singing only 1 song or if you want to sing 2 songs. You cannot sing more than 2 songs. The maximum time limit is 5 minutes.
5. You will be given a 1 hour window during which you will have your audition. We will do our best to make sure that your audition will be in that time window so that you do not have to wait for long. You need to give a solo performance.
6. The songs need to be from any Hindi movie and should be in Hindi.
7. For Duet category one singer can participate in one duet only, he or she is free to try out as individual. Duet must include exactly 2 singers and can be mixed with any age group.
8. You can use any method to present your song – with or without background music. You can use pre-recorded background music
(karaoke) as well. If you cannot find background music (karaoke) for your songs then please let us know and we will try our best to arrange the karaoke for you.
9. Audition will be in a room in front of judges. It is not a public appearance. Your family members or supporters will be not allowed in the audition room.
10. We will publish the results of the auditions on Oct 19 2017. You will be informed about the results via e-mail or phone. On the day of the audition, the judges will not share any results with you.
11. We will select semi-finalists from the above categories. These will go in for semi-final round on Nov 4th in the afternoon. This will follow the final round after which winners will be announced. The rules for the last few rounds (for Nov 4th) will be published soon. The semi-final and final will be open to public and will have an audience.
12. We will also arrange an optional workshop for the semi-finalists. The music teachers from the New England area will conduct these workshops to help the finalists prepare their songs for the final event. This workshop will have a nominal fee ($25) and it is optional. The idea is to improve the quality of songs for the final event using these workshops.
13. This program is not associated with Zee SaReGaMaPa.
14. Please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 781-640-6060/ 617-620-1804/ 603-759-0377 for any further details.